Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Live Laugh Love the Library

 Exciting news!! Today I visited my local library and signed up for my first ever library card! Libraries are absolutely amazing and they have more to offer than just books. If you've never looked into the resources your local library, or libraries, have to offer, I highly recommend it. My library allows card holders to check out 30 items at a time, for three weeks at a time! Libraries usually have a long list of items available to the public depending on the location. These items may include DVDs, musical instruments, outdoor or sports gear, board games, craft supplies, technology, kitchen supplies and equipment, sleep machines, toys, litter clean up kits, telescopes, and SO much more! Library websites can provide a detailed list of all available items and how to obtain them for use. 

For my readers, you can also use your library card for the app Libby. Libby can be used from your phone or Kindle, which provides access to ebooks and audiobooks for FREE! With popular books you may have to wait up to several weeks but you can add yourself to a waitlist through the Libby app and you will be notified once the item is available! 

Additionally, libraries hold events for people of all ages! Recently I took a little boy I babysit to a music class for toddlers! Other typical events or programs are language learning classes, arts classes, career coaching appointments, storytellings, social groups, movies, etc.! If you're looking to get involved with your community this is the perfect way! 

If you don't have a library card, this is your sign to get one! It takes less than five minutes! Now that I am a proud owner and have downloaded the Libby app, please send me some book recommendations!! 



1 comment:

  1. oh em gee, I need to start checking out physical copies for myself. Libraries are suuuuper amazing, I had no idea they had items other than books/computers available to the public! Every day I learn something new.

    ReplyDelete

Live Laugh Love the Library

 Exciting news!! Today I visited my local library and signed up for my first ever library card! Libraries are absolutely amazing and they ha...